Forklift Operator, Afternoon shift (40 hrs in 4 days !)
RONA INC. - DC LWS - Milton ON - LWS31 - Milton
Centre de distribution
At RONA inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe's, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Forklift Operator is responsible for the receiving and loading process. He/She is responsible of preparing orders for deliveries out to the stores, operating a forklift, ensuring that loading is completed with accuracy and safely to minimze damages during transport, receiving returned material or products from the stores and completing forlkift inspection or maintenance when needed.
*Location: Milton Distribution Center (8450 Boston Church Road)
*Shift: Afternoon shift (Monday - Thursday 4:45 pm to 3:15 am)
- 4 days/week schedule (40 hours in 4 days) ! Enjoy 3 days off per week !
*Salary: Starting rate: $21/hr
- Operates forklift, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles, transport material and prepare loads for delivery;
- Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicle advising supervisor of required repairs;
- Complete forklift inspection sheet daily;
- Prepares orders for delivery including identifying, locating and securing material as per shipping memo and completing paperwork;
- Builds and arranges customer orders and loads onto vehicle giving consideration to safety/security of load, minimizing potential for damage in transport, order of use by customer and routing of vehicle. Secures load to vehicle.
- Receives returned material, completes sold sticker for re-delivery or returns material to stock as directed;
- Checks prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, takes the required measure to correct as needed;
- Acts as a Driver’s Helper as required, assisting driver with manually unloading and transporting materia;
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
The qualifications we are looking for :
- Experience with handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet trucks and carts.
- Prior shipping, receiving and loading experience is an asset.
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Position requires physical exertion including bending, lifting and carrying products
- Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is able to meet strict deadlines.
Your benefits of working for RONA inc. :
By joining the RONA inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. RONA inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.